Sunday, August 28, 2011

A year ago today...

I love this poem/ode that my Pops dedicated to my Momzo - anyone who knew my Momzo, would know that this ode is beyond fitting (excuse the poor phrasing).

This poem was also introduced to my Pops by Sobukwe whom my Pops regards as someone who was very influential in the education of my family.


"Thou wast not born for death, immortal Bird!  
  No hungry generations tread thee down;  
The voice I hear this passing night was heard  
  In ancient days by emperor and clown:  
Perhaps the self-same song that found a path   
  Through the sad heart of Ruth, when, sick for home,  
    She stood in tears amid the alien corn;  
          The same that ofttimes hath  
  Charm'd magic casements, opening on the foam  
    Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn."
John Keats



No comments:

Post a Comment